Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ice Update 12-9-14

Sorry for the delay in sending out an updated report.  We have had access issues on our computer (I lost the password to access this blog) but Renee saved me as usual.

The ice is coming very well.  We have 12" in most places with some 10" further out and some 14" closer to shore.  We have a crack which opened up Saturday and is about 2' wide with about 2" of ice in it.  It is about 50 yards from shore.

I am still undecided about pulling houses at this time.  I was hoping to start this weekend but between the crack and the temperature forecast for this weekend (40 on Friday and 46 on Saturday) I am hesitating.  I am waiting to see if they change the forecast and also to see if the crack heals.  I will keep this updated now that Renee can post to it.