Thursday, December 13, 2012

I was out today checking ice conditions and found 3-6 inches of ice with the thinner ice closer to shore. It appears to be good ice with not too many cracks, at least so far.

It is not thick enough for ATVs or snowmobiles yet, but if someone wants to WALK out this weekend, I would allow it. If you do, you need to  be aware of what is going on around you and watch for existing cracks and any new ones that appear. Also, if the wind picks up, get off since that is when most of the problems occur this time of year.

I  do not have any forecasts for pulling unless you can guarantee a weather forecast for the next two weeks. The ice looks good and I am feeling very good about it. It just has not been cold enough yet.

I have a few things for sale:

Vexilar FL-18 Ultra Pack  really good shape with not very many hours on it with battery charger-$350

New in the box Eskimo Z51 auger with 10" blades-  $350

Marcum underwater camera black and white with panner like new nice unit-  $195

Honda 2000 watt generator-the quiet one- not many hours on it and good shape--$775

I will probably probably be coming up with some other items, especially Eskimo portable ice fishing houses and a Strikemaster electric auger. If you are looking for anything related to ice fishing, let me know. I may have it. I have accumulated so much gear over the last few years testing products that I need to clear some out to make room for new.